If you see a white screen and your device freezes when opening the camera, this likely due to a Windows Update issue. To resolve this, you will need to roll back the update on the device. If it has passed ten days since the update, the device may need to be returned to Lingraphica for repair. You can verify this with the steps listed below:
Important tips before rolling back the update
This process could take up to one hour. Make sure you leave the device turned on and connected to the charger while the update rolls back. If you turn the device off or disconnect it from the charger during this time, you could damage the device.
Steps to roll back the update
1. On your device’s home screen, select the orange menu icon in the top right, then select “Settings.” In the settings menu, select “Bluetooth.”
2. When you see a white window appear, select “Home” in the top left corner as displayed below:
3. Next, select “Update & Security.”
4. In the left panel menu, select “Recovery.”
5. This will display a new window. If it’s within ten days since the update, you should see “Go back to previous version of Windows 10.” Under this option, select “Get started,” as shown below. (If you do not see this option, the device will need to be returned to Lingraphica for repair. Proceed to step 9.)
6. After a few moments you might see the window displayed below. Connect your device to the charger, select “Close,” then repeat step 5. If you do not see this window, proceed to step 7.
7. Below are the next few confirmation windows that you’ll see. Select the choices circled in red.
8. The update will now roll back. This could take up to one hour. Please leave the device on and connected to the charger during this time. Once it completes, the device will restart, and your camera will now function as normal.
9. If you have any questions, concerns, or were unable to roll back the update, please call our toll-free number at 888-274-2742 or schedule a call with us at the following link: Schedule a Call with Tech Support.